Last edited: 08.02.2019
1. Route direction
- 1.1 Each route has a forward and reverse direction (line). A circular route has only forward direction. If the route is very complex, it must be divided into forward and reverse directions.
2. Constructing line
- 2.1 Line must pass through the stop which is located on the right side of the road (for trams - on the right side of the tram tracks) on the path of traffic (for countries with right-hand traffic)
- 2.2 You need to create separate stops for the bus, minibus and trolley routes in the outbound and inbound directions.
- 2.3 Lines are drawn automatically, except trams (mode “Straight line”), nevertheless, it should be edited
- 2.4 If the line between two stops is not built as intended, it can be corrected by one of the editing modes
- 2.5 In circular routes first stop is also a terminus.
The final step when constructing lines for circular routes is to loop the first and the last stop. Click on the first stop and select “Make circular”.
Modes of constructing lines between stops
There are several modes of constructing a line between stops, which can be used in different situations. You can change the mode: while editing the route left click mouse button on the part of the red line and select one of the following options listed:
- Straight line. A straight line between two stops (this mode is enabled by default for trams)
- Automatically - Google (default). Constructing a line along the roads from Google Maps in accordance with the traffic laws. May not always coincide with the public transport lines.
- Automatically - Yandex. Constructing a line along the roads from Yandex Maps in accordance with the traffic laws. May not always coincide with the public transport lines.
- Automatically – Here. Building a trajectory along HERE roads according to the traffic rules for motorists, therefore, it does not always align with the trajectory of public transport.
- Copy from similar. The line is copied from the previously added route.
- Auto-all google. Updating the entire trajectory in the "Auto – Google" mode.
Manual line adjustment
Automatic line construction is not perfect and often needs manual correction:
- You can see white breakpoints on the red line when you hover the mouse over it
- Use them to edit the line — drag while holding the left mouse button
- Clicking on the breakpoint will remove it.
Additional line adjustment near the stop
The endpoints of line segments between 2 stops are indicated by a red pin
Lines are often constructed incorrectly in the vicinity of stops. You can drag the pin to fix it but not beyond 60 meters from the stop.