Done! Your edit gets the votes. When it reaches the minimum number of “for” votes, it will appear in the directory.
Examples: 5; 99k; Ring; M1; 1 (Khimki); n/a (Metro “Kashirskaya” - market “Gardener”).
Examples: LCC “Avtotor”; SOE “Gorobschtrans” (1st bus fleet); MOE “Razdvatrans” (tram depot Tramvaeva).
Examples: daily; on weekdays during rush-hours; Fridays and at weekends; at weekends from May to October.
Examples: 23; 30/35/40; 20 - 50; 28; 73.
Examples: 05:30 - 00:30; 07:00 - 21:00; 07:00 - 10:00, 16:00 - 19:00; from subway station “Vokzalnaya”: 06:00 - 22:15, from Dobrolyubova Street: 07:00 - 23:15.
Examples: 24 minutes, 5 - 15 minutes, 3 hours, "South: 6:24, 8:04, 9:49, 15:11, 17:25"
Example: (Griboyedov Street - Communal Bridge - Lenin Street - Lenin Square).
Examples: The driver never gives the change
Each route has a forward and reverse direction (line). Circular route has only forward direction. If
the route is very complex, it must be divided into forward and reverse directions.
There are several modes of constructing a line between stops, which can be used in different situations. You can change the mode: while editing the route left click mouse button on the part of the red line and select one of the following options listed:
Automatic line construction is not perfect and often needs manual correction:
The endpoints of line segments between 2 stops are indicated by a red pin
Lines are often constructed incorrectly in the vicinity of stops. You can drag the pin to fix it bu not beyond 60 meters from the stop.
Please, do not forget that the tram stops are usually located on the tramways.
Currently there is no possibility to move stops. If have you noticed that the stop is placed wrong, create a new stop following the steps and include it in a route instead of including the wrong one.
Only users with level 2 can rename stops. You can also contact the support team to apply for renaming stops. Your application should include a link to the route and Old - New names of stops.
To include or exclude a stop from a route, click on the stop icon and then click “Include” or “Exclude” (alternative to exclude — right click mouse button on the stop icon).
In this case, the line between stops will be automatically updated according to the selected mode of constructing lines.
Left click mouse button on the stop icon and select “Include”.
Left click mouse button on the stop icon and type the number one greater than the number of the previous stop, and click “Include”.
For example, you want to include a stop between “9” and “10”: set the number one greater than the previous one. The stop you included should have number “10”.
User rating (vote) — a number that specifies the weight in the voting.
Voting weight is calculated as follows:
L + C × 0.0005 + E × 0.001 + V × 0.00005
L - user level. The minimum value is 1 (new member).
C - the number of comments added to existing routes
E - the number of edited routes (which gained a minimum of 10 votes)
V - the number of comments to the Edits (votes also count)
Active site users who have learned how to use the Editor and regularly contribute relevant information to our database can apply for a Level 2, contact the administrator by one of the convenient ways (Contacts).
Benefits of Level 2:
- Editing routes added by other users
- Editing stops (renaming)
- Voting weight increased by 1 point
If you have questions, please write us
Wikiroutes apps — All public transportation in your pocket! Plan your route, check schedule, track the arrival in real time, receive notification of changes in the routes!
Follow us on social networks:
CEO & co-founder:
CTO & co-founder
Community Manager & Tech support
Wikiroutes is free-edited directory of public transportation all over the world, which is used by 15 million people. Thousands of editors update database of routes in more than 30 countries around the world
We want to organize a bilateral communication between transit agencies and users of public transport in order to improve the convenience and overall quality of local transit services in the whole world.
Wikiroutes community makes public transport better! Even a small contribution of each editor results in a huge change of the system as a whole. Join us, we are more than 60.000 registered users!
The benefits of improving public transport’s efficiency :
Everyone can help keep our database up to date by means of Routes editor:
Free of charge:
Basic functions — search for optimal route, view routes directory, routes editor and others — will always be totally free!
Wikiroutes unites representatives of different cultures and countries, who can have very different points of view. Cooperation in a spirit of mutual respect and observance of the basic rules of politeness — a guarantee of stable performance of our project.
Help beginners edit data. Do not remain indifferent to the shortcomings in the content, posted by other community members. As our user, you will be able to add missing information and correct the mistakes.
1. The present document is an offer of “Wikiroutes” project (hereinafter - Wikiroutes) to the Internet User (hereinafter – the User) wishing to use the Service on the website or in applications of “Wikiroutes” project (hereinafter – the Service) to conclude a User agreement (hereinafter – the Agreement), regulating the relations between them towards the use of the Service.
2. By taking any of the opportunities of the Service listed in Sec. 3 of this Agreement, the User agrees with all terms of the Agreement and undertakes to comply with it or to eliminate the use of the Service.
The Service provides the User with the opportunity to create and / or edit the schematic layout and / or description of the geographical objects (public transport stop and public transit routes, etc.) (hereinafter - the Data), to review the Data posted by other Users and to add additional information and comments on it, as well as to use the Service by other means, that are not inconsistent with this Agreement.
4. When placing the Data within the frames of the Service there will be indicated the name (a pseudonym) of the User posted it, which he\she specified upon registration or in the settings of his/her personal Data in the relevant section of the Service.
The Data is stored in the Database of the Service and is available on the website of the Service or on the other Services of Wikiroutes, with that Wikiroutes does not guarantee the safety of the Data to any extent and / or during any period, including in the case of change of the Data in relation with the Service development.
6. Wikiroutes has the right without notice of the User and without explanation not to accept the Data for the publication or at any time to remove the Data from the Service site, to edit it, or to replace with the Data posted by other Users. In particular, the basis for deletion of Data is as follows:
7. The User agrees that the Data placed by him/her in the Service will be available for all other Users of Wikiroutes for review and editing. Wikiroutes is not liable for the use (both for lawful and unlawful) by the third parties of the Data published on the website and in the applications, including for its reproduction and bringing to the public knowledge, carried out both in the frame of the Service and through other possible means.
8. The User transfers to Wikiroutes rights for the Data to the full extent. The received Data can be used on other Services of project Wikiroutes not specified in paragraph 1 of this Agreement, and with the consent of Wikiroutes on the resources of the third parties, as well as in the advertising and marketing materials both with the indication of the User’s name and also without it (anonymously), without the need for obtainment a special permit from the User and without payment of the remuneration. The rights for the Database being an aggregate of the Data created through the Service belong to Wikiroutes. Use of the Data by other means, besides the opportunities provided within the frames of the Service, is not permitted.
8.1 The User is hereby notified and agrees that when using the Service Wikiroutes in automatic mode anonymously (without reference to the User) the following information is transferred: the type of the operating system of the User's mobile device, version, and identifier of the mobile application of the Service, statistics of usage of the functions of the mobile application of the Service, as well as other technical information.
9. The User is solely responsible for his\her actions related with the creation and placement of Data through the Service, including for the fact that Data posted to comply with the legal requirements and does not violate the rights and legitimate interests of the third parties, as well as for the emplacement, content, completeness, correctness and accuracy of the information.
10. Services provided by the Service are granted Wikiroutes “as is”. Wikiroutes does not guarantee that the Service (including the Data placed thereon) corresponds the objectives and expectations of User, its uninterrupted and error-free operation, as well as the safety of the User’s profile and safekeeping of Data posted by the User on Service. Use of the Service and Data placed on it is carried out by the User at his\her own risk and peril. Wikiroutes does not bear any responsibility for the Data posted by User, does not confirm or deny its accuracy and reliability. Wikiroutes is not responsible and does not cover any damage, direct or indirect, caused to the User or to the third parties in a result of the use or inability to use the Service or the Data contained on it. Wikiroutes has the right at any time at its own discretion to modify or discontinue provision of any opportunities within the Service in whole or in part.
11. All claims related with the use / inability to use the Service and / or Data must be sent to e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
12. The present User Agreement applies to all future updates / new versions of the Service. By agreeing to use of the Service, the User accepts the terms of the present User Agreement for the relevant updates / new versions of the Service, if the upgrade / installation of a new version of the Service shall not be followed by other license agreement.
12.1 Wikiroutes can at any time without notice to the User modify the text of the present Agreement and / or any other terms of the use of the Service. The actual text of the present Agreement is available at http://wikiroutes.info/manual/#/agreement